- Club room
Get together to enjoy a game of darts, carpet bowls or a challenging game of Trivial Pursuit, or simply sit by the Log burning stove and read a book from the vast selection in our book swap. Impromtu music sessions are always popular, so singers & musicians are very welcome. All are available in our club room. Outdoor amenities include a Boules pitch - boules provided at reception.
- Shop - Providing basic supplies of groceries, chilled & frozen foods.
- Amenity block - Purpose built amenity block maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness, providing free showers and hot water throughout. Both the Ladies and Gents facilities are heated & have curtained off wash cubicles for your privacy. A free hair dryer is provided in the ladies.
- Wash up room - Two large sinks with free hot water.
- Laundry room - Two washing machines, a tumble dryer and ironing facilities ( just ask for the loan of an iron), together with sink for hand washing. Large rotary washing line with pegs for outside drying.
- Campers Kitchen - During inclement weather you may wish to eat in our camper's dining room. Together with tables and chairs there is a worktop and fridge for your convenience.
- Separate Camping Area - Lovely views and a beautiful flower border combine to make the camping area a little bit special.
- Touring hardstands with electric hook-up
- Purpose built chemical disposal toilet and motor home dump provided.
- Recycling and composting bins on site
Caravan For Hire
Small 2 berth touring caravan for rent on site. 35 euro per night. Bedding not provided.
- Impromptu quiz nights
- Communal BBQs in summer (weather permitting)
- Boat Hire
Things To Do in the area
History and Heritage
- Ambrose O Higgins - Adjacent to the site is a Monument to Ambrose O'Higgins and his son Bernado. Liberators of Chile. Ambrose was born in the Townland of Ballynary and educated at the nearby Ballindoon Priory.
- Carrowkeel MegalithicTombs
- Ballinafad Castle
- Ballindoon Priory
- Heapstown Cairn and The Labby Rock
Bars and Restaurants
- There are several Bars serving food within a short drive. Boyle and Carrick on Shannon somewhat further have a greater variety.
- For that special occasion we have three superb venues close by. The Cromleach Lodge (which also has spa facilities), Kilronan Castle and Cleverey Mill.
- Three excellent golf courses close by with links courses within 30 min drive.
- Free fishing in Lough Arrow (renowned for wild brown trout) and several Lakes and rivers in the area.
- Clay pigeon shooting nearby at Lough Bo.
- Boat Tours on Lough Key, Walking in the Forest Park.
- The Lough Arrow area is also well known for bird watching.
Places To Visit
- Sligo Folk Park at Riverstown
- The Donkey Sanctuary at Carrowkeel
- Eagles Flying in Ballymote
- Arigna Mines, King House, Weekly Farmers Market and Abbey all in Boyle
We are ideally situated for visiting the following annual events
- The Morrison Traditional Music Festival, Riverstown
- The O'Carolan Harp and Traditional Music Festival, Keadue
- The Riverstown Vintage Festival
There are also Music Festivals throughout the year at Sligo / Tubbercurry / Ballymote and Ballintogher, all within easy reach.